Life, my most recent purchases and 10 Reasons why being single is awesome.
It’s….*drum rolls* ALEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX TIME! I’M BACK!
hhehhe. I went south to Virginia in my last post and to be honest, Virginia was aiite…I may have a post about it sometime in the near future but as of right now, I feel Virginia isn’t worthy of a post. Let’s just put it that way (￣▽￣;)／
I’ve also began using Instagram HAHAHA OH GOD. I was reluctant to but then my sister said that taking photos trough Instagram come out better than directly through my droid’s camera…AND IT’S TRUE. So just a bunch of random instagram shots too :B
I thought I’d do a different type of post today (if you haven’t already noticed)! Shifting gears to one aspect of my life….being single! Of course, being in a relationship has it’s ups and downs and so does being single. But I thought I’d list 10 reasons why being single is AWESOME! (For a chick like me at least, hohoho). Are you ready? :B
But first –and some recent things I’ve purchased too! lala~ and on my oh so glamorous lifestyle ! ( not really)
Recent Purchases — !
I recently took advantage of Dollskill.com‘s (1st & 2nd pic) Memorial Day sale (yayfor 20% off everything!) and bought a pair of T.U.K.’s Leopard 7 Eye Bronze Flock Boot (LOVE them to death!) and some SUPER comfy tees (one two three). Overall, I am very satisfied with their service! Things shipped within 2 days!
I also bought some things from H&M, not online though (3rd pic). A tank and shorts actually lol I bought the blouse from H&M too but a few months back! The shorts and tank were the same price, which I thought was kinda funny for some reason…
And last but not least — My new best friend / assistant at work deserves an instagram photoshoot too! He’s remote controlled and floats around the office at my command! He literally looks like he’s swimming around the office because the back fin (not photographed) makes it look as so! Isn’t he cute? ^o^
And onto the second part of the post — !
10 Reasons why being single = awesome:
- Rocking the cavewoman status: Let’s be honest — ANY form of hair removal is a pain in the ass and time consuming. May it be shaving, epilating, waxing, tweezing, etc…though it’s inevitable in warmer weather it is avoidable during fall, winter and half of spring. Gotta love my au natural legs and underarms during those times. YEAH BABY \（￣ー￣）
- More brain space: It feels nice not having some guy on my mind all the time. I can focus on things important to me without wondering if my manfriend is cheating on me or picking his nose with his toothbrush or whatever…
- So peaceful~ : Not being in a relationship is a lot less stressful.
- Seeing the male species for what they really are: A bunch of idiots. Don’t get me wrong; women are no better – we’re manipulative and crazy. As an outsider (*cough* being single), I see them from what they are and well…I’m not liking what I see. I honestly cannot see myself dating someone or even marrying someone my age or younger.
- Being ME!!! Of course. I can dress the way I want, eat the way I want, do what I want — without the approval of anyone or worrying about the approval of. In my past relationship, I was afraid of changing my appearance. The 3 years after the end of it, I’ve been rocking and experimenting different looks, styles, and makeup…and that makes me happy.
- Freedom: Of course, being single means not being committed to a single person. The only person I’m committed to is meself and it feels SO good.
- No drama: It’s no secret that relationships are usually surrounded by drama. Drama is annoying and it’s something in my life that I can really live without.
- Time: I haven’t been in a relationship in my college career (3 years) and honestly, I can’t imagine how I can fit a boyfriend into my schedule. During the school year, I barely have time for the little friends that I still have!
- Painting my nails: Most guys don’t really see the point in designing or painting nails in all different sorts of colors which is good in a sense but if they don’t like the way you do it, they’ll probably as you why you did your nails that way…and it’s like, I did it this way because I like it of course! Sheesh. LET MY NAILS BE!!!
- Being a dude: As I mentioned in #1, being a chick is kinda time consuming sometimes! Being single, on a typical day I aim for comfort while still being ‘me’ persay. I can dress the way I want without wondering if I’m not ‘feminine’ enough for him.
Bottomline: All uhm, martial statuses have their pros and cons. If you’re in a relationship – enjoy it! If not…enjoy it too! When the time is right, the right person will appear before you – I promise you that! But until then…
What are your pros of being single? Or if you’re in a relationship…what are the perks of being in one?