Hey girls! It’s Joyce. Since winter is officially here, I wanted to give some recommendations on hand creme and lotions which I’ve personally found to be great at combating dry skin in this chilly season~ Only a few more days until winter break starts
In the past, I worked as a barista for quite some time. If you’ve ever worked as a barista, I’m sure you know what I mean when I say, “dry hands”. The constant re-washing of milk frothing pitchers, etc. really does a number on your skin after awhile. I’ve tried many different products out there and I’ve narrowed it down to a few which not only moisturize your skin throughout the day but won’t break the bank.
Product Recommendations inside –>
My Top Hand Creme/Lotion Picks for the Winter
1) Kiss Me Medicated Hand Creme – This hand cream is absolutely amazing!! My cousin gave me this little gem on my way back to NYC from Taiwan this summer and I can’t say enough good things about this product (謝謝表姐) :D. This is a medicated hand creme made in Japan. It does have a slight medicinal smell but it’s not noticeable unless you attempt to stick your nose in the jar of hand creme.. The product is quickly absorbed and after a few times of using this product, you’ll notice a difference in the texture of your hands – Soft! You can bring this product with you in your purse if you have extremely dry hands which easily makes this an easy-to-reach for product. It does leave a slight greasy feel so I do recommend people to use it at night if you want to avoid this. After leaving on the product at night, you wake up with soft hands in the morning
2) Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion – This can easily be found in your local Duane Reade, Rite Aid, Walgreens, or pharmacy. Although it’s a bit more pricy compared to other generic drugstore brands, I feel it is justified because it actually moisturizes the skin throughout the day. Why buy something else that doesn’t work (albeit it being cheaper) when it doesn’t do what it claims to do, right? Honestly, I never tried the brand Aveeno for the longest time because I didn’t want to pay around $10ish dollars + tax on a drugstore lotion but I’m glad I decided to just purchase it one day because once you do, you realize those $6-7 dollar drugstore products aren’t cutting it in terms of moisturizing your skin!! I love this product because you can immediately feel the difference in the texture of your skin right after applying. It is not heavy nor greasy feeling and your hands become instantly soft after using this product~!
3) Gold Bond Skin Therapy Lotion, Ultimate Healing Aloe – This was the lotion I used to moisturize my hands during my barista days. It really helped maintain moisture on my hands while working. The benefits of this product are that it is non-greasy, easily absorbed, and just plain works. I would recommend this product for people with very dry hands.
4) Burt’s Bees – Burt’s Bees products never fail in my opinion. They do what they promise and they also use natural quality ingredients. Two that I’ve tried which work wonders are: The Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme & The Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream. Both products are well worth the price and I’d definitely repurchase them. *In my opinion, hand cremes penetrate the skin deeper which makes moisturizing much more effective and long lasting* For example, the feeling of lotion moisturizing your hands can disappear quickly but with hand cremes, they stay on much longer. Therefore, these hand cremes do leave a greasy feeling which I don’t mind at all because they’re supposed to! Most importantly, you only need about half a dime size(very little) of this product each time to moisturize your hands fully. You can instantly feel the difference in your hands!! I really love these two products!
*Bottom Line* - Which one is my favorite that I recommend? Well it depends.
- If you absolutely need something that is water resistant and non-greasy >> I’d recommend Gold Bond Skin Therapy Lotion, Ultimate Healing Aloe.
- If your hands already have fine lines and they’re severely dry (try a moisturizing hand creme) >> try out the Kiss Me Medicated Hand Creme. << Since it is made in Japan, it’s difficult to purchase so you can opt for alternatives like (Burt Bees products) The Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme or The Shea Butter Hand Repair Cream.
- If you just need an everyday moisturizing lotion for the body (that lasts all day) and makes the skin super soft, go for the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion.
I hope these recommendations were helpful! =)
Question: What’s your favorite lotion or hand creme?